Jeremiah Nichol (/u/jtnichol) @ EthTrader’s Community Member Spotlight
Welcome to the first talk of the series! /u/jtnichol[+25] and I just got off the phone! We had a great conversation thanks to the questions submitted. I’m using the built-in webcam so low resolution, but the audio quality is quite decent.
Link to YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6I2rDQCF7Fs
Link to MP3: https://krokodilmannchen.belgianboy.com/ethtrader-series/jtnichol.mp3
The questions (chronologically)
- Can you share a little bit about the place where you’re sitting right now?
- Who are you and what are your interests? What is your background?
- What, if anything, did you study?
- Who do you look up to, and if it’s nobody in particular, where do you go for advice?
- Where can people learn more about you? (blog, youtube channel, twitter?)
- Do you regret hodling through 2018?
- Is your faith in the system stronger than ever?
- Do you hold conversations with your dog?
- Ever met Vitalik? Gavin? Andreas? (impressions?)
- Are you still keto?
- Any of your family interested in crypto?
EthTrader Questions (some have been grouped together)
- What was the toughest time for the sub, in your opinion – both as a mod and as a general community member. Either a single event, a particular price, certain people. etc. Conversely, what times have you enjoyed your role as mod?
- What can we do to make these times happen more frequently / strengthen the community?
- What is the most memorable of your Mod actions here on Ethtrader ?
- If you could implement one new sub rule (let’s call it Rule XI) what would it be?
- Do you see yourself moderating /r/ethtrader in 5 years ?
- What was the ETH bullish trend that you’ve enjoyed the most in our sub ?
- Was there any moment that price action and consequent reactions to it in our sub discussions made you feel that you wouldn’t want to be a Moderator anymore ?
- How much did your work as Moderator increase from January 2017 to May-June 2017 (/r/ethtraderexploded maybe 10x in subscriptions during that timeframe) ?
- How were you first introduced to Ethereum?
- What is the latest on Devcon 7? And how can I help?
- You’ve been here a while, probably longer than most.
- In what notable ways have you seen the ethtrader community change as the Ethereum blockchain has matured?
- What would you like to see more / less of in this community over the next 2 years?
- What’s your “go to” KC style bbq marinade/rub recipe?
- Favorite meat to cook? Favorite things to check out/do in KC?
- Are there any Ethtraders that you haven’t heard from in a while that you wish would come back to the daily? heard from in a while that you wish would come back to the daily?
- When you’ve had a day where redditors or students test your patience, what do you do to remain calm, blow off steam, or unwind?
- What are some of the other crypto related youtube channels you subscribe to?
- Favorite music? Favorite artist?*
- We all know that you work in the US public school system, so it seems that extending some of your ethtrader mission to your real world job would naturally follow.
- Is blockchain a current or future topic for your school’s curriculum?
- Do you think Educators in general have good awareness of the increasing impacts of blockchain and DLT on society and are ready to prepare our students for that future?
- Aside from blockchain as a topic of study, do you also see any specific use cases for this technology in school administration?
- What do you think about TA? Are you using TA yourself?
- Whom do you follow on Twitter / YouTube and can recommend in terms of development but also price prediction
- How much are you interested in price trends and price predictions or are you only worried about the /r/ethtrader community? (:
- When do you expect ETH to hit ATH again (do you expect it at all)?
- What do you think about the comeback of u/ScienceGuy9489[+1] and his predictions? Do you share the cult?
- Where in SE Kansas? Along old 169 lies Iola, Humboldt, Chanute, Coffeeville–all 💝 Norman Rockwell-ish settings w/ based, no-nonsense, solid folks as you seem to be.
- Do you remember the area’s invasion by Amazon with its headline-inducing, first-of-kind warehouse operation? It suddenly made small-town Kansans cool to be aligned front/center with raging new technology.
- Did Amazon or any of the other Giants spur your devotion to tech? If so, how? If not, what did?
Rapid Fire Questions
- Old reddit or Redesign?
- Hall&Oates or Fleetwood Mac?
- PoS or $3000 ETH?
- East Coast or West Coast?
- Bitcoin or Bitcoin Cash?
- Europe or Asia?
- A dinner date with Roger Ver or Craig Wright?
- A dinner date with Vlad Zamfir or Joe Lubin?
- Another year like 2017, or another one like 2018?