Chaz Schmidt (u/chazschmidt) @ EthTrader’s Community Member Spotlight
Welcome to conversation four in the Ethereum Community Series, today with u/chazschmidt[! Chaz is a core contributor of EthHub, content writer @ settlefinance… and he’s working on a secret new project. He’s also a research analyst at readysetcrypto. You can find him on Twitter, at @chazschmidt.
Link to YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6obZPCeHabs&list=PLTzbA2lLaEj3O0PiYVP9p-YS3PoF_Le8L&index=4
Link to MP3: https://krokodilmannchen.belgianboy.com/ethtrader-series/chazschmidt.mp3
Link to RSS: https://krokodilmannchen.belgianboy.com/feed/podcast/ (if you like podcasts)
- Can you share a little bit about the place where you’re sitting right now?
- Who are you and what are your interests? What is your background?
- What, if anything, did you study?
- Who do you look up to, and if it’s nobody in particular, where do you go for advice?
- What is your favorite dapp on Ethereum that you think isn’t getting enough attention? (timestamp) u/sassalAnthony Sassano
- What’s your go to when somebody asks you to explain “crypto” to them? (timestamp) u/CommunistAndy
- Is there anything you can tell us about your secret new project? (timestamp) u/TulsiBlabbard[+1]
- How did you end up working for / contributing to EthHub? (timestamp) u/krokodilmannchen
- How could r/ethtrader and EthHub work together to encourage a stronger, more knowledgeable Ethereum community, particularly for newcomers? (timestamp) u/carlslarson
- 2020 EOY price predictions? (timestamp) u/mikey4eth
- What do you think about EthHub running a Community Call to balance out Core Dev Calls for getting sentiments? (timestamp) u/hodldwon
- What’s an Ethereum-maximalist in your humble opinion and do you believe it is a good or bad thing for community cohesion? (timestamp) u/hodldwon
- Why are you in the space (not how you got in, but why?). Where do you see us in 3-4 years time (mostly with regards to tech, like zk-zk-rollups, Eth2.0, dApps you think we need or think we’ll invent)? (timestamp) u/hodldwon
- What is the day-to-day work as a research analyst of crypto protocols / Dapps? (timestamp) u/ruvalm
- How do you envision Ethereum becoming a prevalent protocol in mainstream Internet users’ life in 5-10 years? u/ruvalm[
- What is your personal favourite potential use case for Ethereum?…Not necessarily the one that’s going to have most widescale adoption but the one that you personally would like to see come to fruition. (timestamp) u/shammyfeencontentment
- What do you think about the current issuance rate. Should it be reduced again? (timestamp) u/-molite
- What do you think blockchain will enable that no one is thinking about? (timestamp) u/reterical
- What are, in your opinion, some points in which EthHub can still improve — be it in terms of reach, new features or media formats? (timestamp) u/ruvalm
- If you ever came to the Pit in KC for a bite, what would you want? (timestamp) u/jtnichol
- What first attracted you to Ethereum? (timestamp) u/reterical
- What are your opinions on both DETH and bitcoin sv and the circumstances surrounding them now? (timestamp) u/toxic_badgers
- What is your favorite video game of all time? (timestamp) u/DCinvestor
- What are the top three uses for ETH that the developers are working for and do these differ from what the average person on the street thinks. Put another way, does the public share the same vision for ETH that the developers have. (timestamp) u/Shortstack02
- What is the most exiting thing happening with ETH that perhaps has not trickled down to the common person. (timestamp) u/Shortstack02[
- Many people are pushing the narrative or believe that Ethereum development is slowing down to a standstill. Are there any metrics that you could show them that would alleviate their concerns? (timestamp) u/pocketwailord
- Have you ever thought that gay sex is literally twice as manly as straight sex? (timestamp) u/ethical-trade